Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Pursuit

My second painting actually is from a concept that I have had for multiple years before I actually started creating. While attempting to journal through some of my thoughts about dating, I decided to take an illustrated approach and the simple concept sketch for this painting was created.

Title - The Pursuit
Medium - Acrylic
Date of Creation - February 16, 2011
Size - 8 inch by 8 inch


The setting is a guy in pursuit of the girl he hopes to spend his life with. The path is long with stretches of peaks of hope and valleys of hopelessness. The journey brings are several girls along his path, some closer to his heart than others. But they are not the girl. Not the one. So through the aches and pains of the valleys, he continues to climb to the next hill. Off in the distance is a glimpse of his girl. Off in the distance, hope.

No comments: